Our mission is to inspire, challenge and transform lives through education.
Smarter Academy are one of the largest independent training providers of assessment, training and worked based learner in the UK, delivering over 100 courses to more than 3,000 students. We offer courses ranging from Entry Level to Level 3, Apprenticeships, Foundation Degrees and University level courses
By working closely with local business, charities, employers and Local Enterprise Partnerships, we are continuously reviewing and developing our curriculum offer to ensure our students have the best opportunity to progress, whether it be into employment or further study. We also want to ensure that students are able to train to the highest standards with the very best opportunities to progress.
The personal support we offer our students is outstanding and our learners tell us they like our safe and secure campus, and the friendly multicultural atmosphere. It’s a grown up environment where people treat each other equally and with respect.
We are continually looking to develop our facilities and this we have opened our new state-of-the-art Children’s Nursery and Kitchen and Hospitality centre. The centre is accessible by students and staff as well as being open to members of our local community.
Our vision is simple. We believe that the whole point of education is that students come first and everything we do must reflect this single goal. What drives us is a strong desire to raise standards for all students by sustaining and enhancing performance and developing the whole learner. It is our belief that students can only maximise their potential in training environments that enables personalised pathways and set very challenging targets for everyone. We understand the need to recognise more than academic achievement. Raising self-esteem helps engage students, and provides the motivation to work. It’s about equity, it’s about life chances, and it’s all about putting students first, and education changing lives.
Monday 09:00 – 17:30
Tuesday 09:00 – 17:30
Wednesday 09:00 – 20:30
Thursday 09:00 – 17:30
Friday 09:00 – 17:30
Our core values are:
- Integrity and honesty: we act honestly, ethically and legally in all we do
- Openness: we are open to new ideas and share knowledge
- Trust and mutual respect: we treat everyone with fairness and integrity
- Courage: we have the courage to act on our convictions
- Social Responsibility: we are responsible to our colleagues, students and the environment where we live and work
- Accountability: we are accountable for our actions and seek to improve lives
- Excellence: we strive for excellence in all we do
Our strategic aims are:
The overarching themes in relation to the education of our students is to provide outstanding quality in all our provision. To do this we have identified 8 key aims:
- Deliver outstanding quality across all aspects of the curriculum and Academy services
- Provide a dynamic curriculum which meets local and national priorities, as well as the community as a whole by developing key transferable skills and employability
- Work collaboratively to implement the proposals of the Area Based Review
- Achieve progress towards outstanding financial status through efficiency and growth of current and new income streams
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to maximise reputational opportunities
- Deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment
- Invest in the creation of an education estate that supports raised aspirations for learners of all ages
- Build a national reputation for high quality maths and English delivery